Who we are
SCC is the technology division of Rigby Group PLC, a family owned and operated business with interests in aviation, airports, hotels, property development and financial services.
What we do
We enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing IT for leading public and private sector businesses across Europe.
We serve over 2,500 customers in more than 50 countries and operate out of 75 locations in the UK, France, Romania and Spain.
Our areas of expertise include hardware, software, networking, IT security, Cloud, data centre services, print management and mobile devices.
Our mission: to make IT work for our customers to improve the way they do business, deliver quality IT solutions and services that change the way businesses do business, deliver long-term profit to invest back into the business and nurture a winning network of partners to create enduring value to our customers.
The Virtualization and Automation Technical Specialist is responsible for providing support functions including problem determination and resolution, technical solution development, policies, procedures and processes governing the use and operation of the company's UCS and System Centre environments and all of the other server and core os systems within the infrastructure This position requires an emphasis on problem management, project management as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships with the vendors.
Qualifications & Experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
• Proven ability and more than 3 years' experience designing and/or implementing complex data centre and virtualisation solutions
• Demonstrated ability to master new software applications and technologies.
• Microsoft and VMWare certifications are desired (MCSA or VCP as a minimum)
Skills & Knowledge
• Advanced knowledge working with VMWare virtualization products in an enterprise environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Server administration and troubleshooting (for the latest and previous versions).
• Windows Server; in depth knowledge: performance monitoring and troubleshooting, AD/GPO, Terminal server, DFS, patch management.
• In depth knowledge of Windows Clustering including design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support.
• Advanced skills in Windows and Virtualization troubleshooting, using operating system and 3rd party diagnostic tools.
• Working knowledge of Cloud based deployments with Microsoft Azure is desirable
• In depth knowledge automation and scripting using PowerShell used for server and application deployments in VMware, Bare Metal and Cloud based environments.
• Storage monitoring/troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of server hardware infrastructure, including Cisco, HP, Dell blade servers and enterprise datacentre strategies for efficiency.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to handle problems independently to resolution
• Experience with the Microsoft System Center suite
• Assist in determining equipment settings, operating instructions, and maintenance records
• Experience working with Microsoft App-V
• Experience of using Active Directory to manage computers, users and groups including associated scripting and configuration
• Evidence of flexibility and commitment
• Knowledge of the latest Microsoft technologies and Operating Systems
• Eliciting customer requirements and demonstrate credibility and technical leadership across a range of technologies, including VMWare, Hyper-V, System Centre and UCS.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support Windows server operating systems and server hardware in multi-site environments.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of virtualization platforms including ESX/ESXi, VCenter, vSphere. in a multi-site environment.
• Works closely with vendors, Enterprise software development staff and architects in designing and managing Windows and Virtualization environments, including Hybrid Cloud services such as Azure and others
• Performs capacity planning including allocating processors, memory and storage as well as planning future expansion requirements.
• Participates as a Subject Matter Expert, SME, for design reviews, technology and tool selection.
• Reviews business solutions, design, test and implementation plans created by team and ensures adherence to standards and best practices.
• Establishes guidelines for production and test environments.
• Ensures necessary hardware and software licenses and maintenance are purchased in order to maintain compliance and vendor support.
• Audits production and development environment periodically to ensure hardware and software currency and license compliance.
• Accountable for the vulnerability and patch management execution within assigned responsibilities
• Maintain dashboards and collect metrics and reports on vulnerability findings, remediation compliance, and key risk indicators
• Facilitate proactive remediation of new vulnerabilities by collaboration with cyber security, infrastructure, and endpoint teams
• Work closely with both business oriented executives and as well as technology oriented personnel to ensure adequate processes are in place and actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks proactively
• Perform patch management for servers, workstations, and infrastructure devices, plan software updates using approved enterprise patch management software, and distribute packages
• Troubleshoot software package deployment, deploy packages to required bases, report status of software updates, and ensure servers, workstations, and infrastructure devices have latest approved patches
• Develop draft checklists, guides, best practices, and procedures to support patch management
• Automate procedures using scripts and/or System Center Orchestrator
• Automate deployment of virtual server for specific purposes using Cisco UCS Manager
• Demonstrates an expert knowledge of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM 2012, GPO administration, Windows Server, Windows Workstation
• Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios.
• Engineer for firm-wide system monitoring and alerting infrastructure
• Develop, implement, and customize management packs, monitors, rules, alerts, and dashboards
• Analyse, define, develop, test, and implement monitoring standards for applications and platforms
Competitive salary package made of base salary, performance bonuses and meal tickets;
Consistent benefits package: transportation allowance, medical subscription from a list of providers, gym subscription and discounts including preferential rates to 7Card, Bookster corporate library subscription, free hot beverages;
Flexible location: possibility to work in the office or remotely;
High quality external and internal technical trainings;
Reimbursement of certificates and tuition fees for qualifications that are part of your individual training and development plans;
Team events: up to 3 team building activities per year, Christmas party for both employees and kids, Employee Summer Festival, 1st of June kids party;
More benefits depending on the length of service;
Lateral and management career opportunities.